Thursday 9 February 2012

Book Cover

At the last meeting of my quilt group one member showed a cover she had made for a note book.
It was really lovely, and very artistic (she does more textile art now than traditional quilting), and inspired me to make one to cover & protect my 2012 Permaculture Diary, which was already getting a bit ratty from being carried around everywhere.
So - here it is.

Front cover (rear is the same) is actually all one fabric

Do you like the Piggy Pocket?

A vertical pocket inside the rear cover, and if you look closely you can see the striped pen loop.
I made one fairly major error - I only measured the diary open and therefore didn't have enough give when I needed to close it.  I had to cut the cover in half and add a different fabric spine (the green & fawn stripe).
It actually improved the aesthetics as well as the function, but I won't make the same mistake again.

Ravs

No comments:

Post a Comment