Sunday 29 April 2012

Mother's Day Gifts

I've been doing a little hand stitching making Suffolk Puffs (or yo-yos) and then putting them together into brooches for the school Mother's Day stall in two weeks time.  It is nice to be able to hand sew a bit more as the sensation comes back into my right hand after my spinal surgery.  It's really only the tip of my index finger that is still noticeably numb.
I ended up with 20 brooches, and made little gift boxes for them all.  I'm told the ones I did last year sold really quickly, hopefully the kids will like these too.

Suffolk Puff & Button Brooches for Mother's Day!  Shame the dark grey ones don't show up to well.
And the gift boxes made out of an old calendar and scrap office paper.
I have also purchased a beautiful new (at least to me) sewing machine.

The neat little cabinet.

All in working order.

A closer view

And closer still. With my "Untitled Japonica #2" quilt in the background.

All the original accessories & instruction book

And the original instalment agreement from 1955.
If you want to know why  I bought this gorgeous little thing, you can read about it here.

Now I need to learn how to keep the wheel turning in one direction!

Happy sewing.
Ravs.

No comments:

Post a Comment