Tuesday 12 June 2012

Ride 'em Cowboy!

Yesterday I finished the long promised and awaited Cowboy outfits!  Actually they didn't take long at all.  But I think I am going to have to finish the edges of the chaps, it is obviously not quite the same type of  material as recommended in the pattern (which supposedly shouldn't fray).

The little one asked for the outfit - but I made one for  L7 as well - just to be on the safe-side.
I am also starting a refashion of this blouse.


I really like it, but like most close fitting ones, the arms are just too tight around the biceps.  They must think women do no physical work or something - but I reckon any mother would struggle after lifting children, hanging & carrying baskets of washing, or the like, even if they aren't naturally inclined to carry muscle!

The main thing I have been working on is a quilt for a friend's baby daughter (who's just about toddling already!).  But, although she knows about the quilt (she asked me to make one), she doesn't know the theme or the design, so I can't blog about it until I've handed it over.  Finished the top yesterday though!

Happy sewing.
Ravs

No comments:

Post a Comment